Be prepared to discuss your current position and your prior background. This includes all regulatory strategy and filing work and key accomplishments in your regulatory career. Be able to articulate each situation, the steps you took, and the outcome.
- Do research about the company, their marketed products (if any), and their development pipeline.
- Be prepared to express why you are interested in the position and what you could contribute to the company.
- Have questions prepared regarding the company, the regulatory department, the hiring manager, and the position.
- Have questions for the hiring authority;
- What is your management style?
- What are the 3 most important things that you would like for me to achieve in the first 3 months, 6 months, year of employment?
- How would you define success when it comes to your regulatory affairs team?
- What are three things that made you decide to join this company?
- What is your vision for your regulatory department?
- Ask about next steps.
Phone Interview Tips – 12 Tips On Acing Your Next Phone Interview
Video Interviewing Tips – How to Make a Great Virtual Impression
Interview Preparation Video – Preparing for Your Interview
Always Send a Follow-up Letter.
Sample Thank You Letter
Ms. Jane Smith
1 Corporate Way
Sometown, CA 55555
Dear Ms. Smith:
Thank you for meeting with me this morning to discuss your open Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs position. I enjoyed our conversation, and I am very excited about the possibility of joining your team.
We discussed my 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. I appreciate your interest in how the combination of my achievements in strategy, development coupled with my extensive FDA interaction is a valuable combination that can benefit your organization. What we did not have a chance to fully cover is my competitive drive, initiative, and reliability in accomplishing goals. I hope you got some sense of these innate abilities from our conversation.
I don’t see the Associate Director Regulatory Affairs position as a punch-the-clock, 9-to-5 job; I will be your “right hand” — helping you manage the day-to-day operations and ensuring the company goals and objectives are met and surpassed.
I felt the excitement from you and your team at ABC Company. I would like to join you in building upon what ABC Company has achieved thus far. I believe my background, collaborative leadership, and self-starter attitude make me well suited to meet the requirements of the position of Associate Director Regulatory Affairs. Regardless of the outcome of your search, I thank you for your consideration. Please contact me if you have any questions while making your decision.
Again, thank you for considering me for this exciting opportunity. As you requested, I’m enclosing a list of professional references. Please feel free to call me if you need additional information, have any questions or would like to offer me the job! Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.